10 Reasons To Learn to Play Piano Chords
There are a number of reasons why you should learn as many chords as you can play different songs on the piano.
You want to gain the ability to play 3 or 4 chords on the piano while playing any type of rhythm while a friend is singing the tune. To accomplish this, you do not have to play like Van Cliburn, but you do need to learn some basic chords and develop the skills to move back and forth between the chords in a rhythmic pattern you decide to play.
For example, the following songs can be played or sung with only 3 chords:
Auld Lang Syne
Kum Ba Ya
Joy To The World
Down In The Valley
On Top Of Old Smoky
and hundreds or maybe thousands more!
By adding one more chord to the 3 chords you can actually play a thousand more songs!
So let's look at 10 reasons why you need to learn just a few chords to begin your chording career:
1) It is very easy to learn 3 chords and begin playing songs. Some of the best piano lessons is practicing chords and playing simple songs.
2) It is easy to begin but you do not have to stop with just three chords. You should work on learning many more chords and different patterns of rhythms and practice them to get really good at playing them.
3) You want to be ready to play the most sung song "Happy Birthday" while the family and gang sing along.
4) With three chords you will have the skills to play at least six Christmas carols that were mentioned above. Since Christmas comes around once a year, you will develop better piano playing skills each year as you prepare to play for the family gathering.
5) By knowing chords you can even help young children learn to play the guitar, piano, or other instruments just by teaching them how to play chords. Since a lot of teachers do not teach chords, you will be able to help young children to gain the advantage by learning chords.
6) You will be admired by others because musicians are very popular. Anyone that can play the piano is really in demand at social get togethers and parties. And if you are able to play a number of chords while others in the gathering sings, you will be even more popular.
7) This may surprise you but playing piano chords is good for the health of your brain. A number of studies have documented that people involved with playing music does their brain a lot of good. And with chords requiring 3 of 4 notes being played at a time, you are providing a good workout for your brain.
8) Playing the piano, especially chords are a very good exercise for your fingers and wrists. Make sure to study and learn the correct position of the fingers and hands to be effective playing the piano.
9) Playing the piano is great way to remove stress from your life because you relax when playing and remove the world’s problems from your mind. A lot of people come home after a hard day and relax by playing the piano while expressing their own emotions on the keyboard. You will be surprised how playing chords and rhythms will make you feel better!
10) Make playing the piano a blast for yourself! Make it fun! So get started by learning just 3 or 4 chords. But do not stop there. Continue to enjoy the piano and developing by learning more and more chords. The more chords you learn the better the piano player you will become.